Palm Harbor Residents Needed For Research Study of New Investigational Weight Loss Drug
Last June Palm Harbor residents were called on to take part in the Light Study, a long-term research study for weight loss at clinical sites throughout the Tampa area, including Palm Harbor. The study is designed to assess the cardiovascular health outcomes associated with a new investigational drug for weight loss.
So far. over 235 local residents at the below sites have already enrolled in this groundbreaking trial. Palm Harbor Area residents still have a little time left to take part in this study before enrollment comes to a close!
Clinical Trial Sites in the Tampa Bay and Palm Harbor Area include:
- Dr. Sanford Plevin – Suncoast Clinical Research, Inc. (Palm Harbor, FL)
- Dr. Richard Giusti – Clinical Research of Central Florida (Sarasota, FL)
- Dr. Miguel Trevino – Innovative Research (Clearwater, FL)
- Dr. Gigi Lefebvre – Lagniappe Medical (Saint Petersburg, FL)
- Dr. James Andersen – Meridien Research (Sarasota, FL)
- Dr. Linda Murray – Radiant Research (Sarasota, FL)
Other Clinical Trial Sites in Florida include:
- Dr. Steve Smith – The Florida Hospital – Sanford-Burnham Translational Research Institute for Metabolism and Diabetes (Orlando)
- Dr. Eric Lo – Edgewater Medical Center (New Smyrna Beach)
- Dr. Murray Kimmel – Accelovance, Inc (Melbourne)
- Dr. Bruce Rankin – University Clinical Research (Melbourne)
The Light Study provides participants with an innovative, comprehensive weight management program called WeightMate™.
If you participate in this study, you may have the opportunity to receive the investigational medication. There is no guarantee that the study medication will cause you to lose weight.
You may qualify for this study if you:
- Are a man age 45+ or a woman age 50+
- Need to lose weight and
- Have heart disease and/or type 2 diabetes with certain heart risk factors
- The study will be conducted in approximately 300 research sites nationwide with nearly 10,000 study participants.
- If you qualify and choose to participate, you will receive all study-related services at no charge, including doctor visits, study medication and laboratory services.
- Health insurance is not required for this study.
- Financial compensation may be provided. The research staff can advise you more about this if you pre-qualify and are referred to the study office.
Obesity is one of the biggest public health issues in the United States. If you need to lose weight and keep it off and are looking for a new approach to long-term weight management, the Light Study may be for you.
Take five minutes to learn how losing just five percent of your body weight can benefit your health, and see if you qualify for the Light Study: www.thelightstudy.com