PHOTOS: Egret vs. Snake
Palm Harbor Patch reader Jim Olson had his camera ready when an egret snacked on a small snake.
Thanks to Palm Harbor Patch reader Jim Olson, who had his camera handy when he spotted an egret pick up a snake, then eat it.
If you look closely, you'll see the snake tied itself into a knot.
Anyone know why snakes do this?
Is this some sort of survival tactic to avoid being eaten?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Other photos submitted by Jim Olson-
- Reader Photo: Beautiful Ozona Sunset
- Cool Moon!
- Reader Photo: "Snoopy" Snoops Over Innisbrook
- Palm Harbor Gator Encounter
- Spectacular Sunsets
- Spectacular Sunsets at Crystal Beach
- Reader Photo: Palm Harbor Rainbow!
- Photo of the Week: Can You Identify This Spider?
- Reader Photos: TIA Welcomes RNC Delegates
- Weather Watcher Photo: Downed Tree Blocks Road
Got a cool photo? Upload it and share it with other Patch readers!