Veterans, We Salute You!
Happy Veterans Day! Here's where you'll find local ceremonies honoring our nation's veterans, businesses offering discounts to veterans and a place for you to upload a photo of your veteran.
Did you know there are 21.5 million military veterans in the United States as of 2011, according to the U.S. Census?
We'd like to take a moment to salute every one of you for all that you have done for our country. Thank you!
Here are the Veterans Day events and ceremonies in our area-
- Curlew Memory Gardens to Hold Veterans Day Service Monday This will be the 25th year that Curlew Hills has featured a public service honoring veterans.
- Veterans Day Celebration Includes Free Silver Alert Registration Representatives from the National Silver Alert Program will be at the Fountains Fest celebration on Veterans Day to register people for the program for free.
- Dunedin Veterans Day Celebration The City of Dunedin's Annual Veteran's Day Celebration will be held in the Dunedin High School football stadium, officially known as Memorial Stadium, in honor of Dunedin veterans who served in the U.S. military.
Here are the local businesses that are honoring veterans-
- Freebies and Discounts for Veterans Local businesses salute our service men and women with special deals this weekend, on Veterans Day and some businesses even offer specials year-round.
- Military, Police, Fire Rescue Get Free Admission at Innisbrook This Weekend Active and retired military personnel, law enforcement and first responders will receive complementary grounds admission to Innisbrook's LPGA Legends Tour with one adult guest on Saturday and Sunday.
Here are some Veterans Day articles you might enjoy reading-
- Veterans Day Facts from the U.S. Census Bureau Do you know how many veterans we have here in the U.S. or how Veterans Day got its start? Here are some interesting Veterans Day facts from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Honor Your Veteran on Palm Harbor Patch Share your photos and stories of valor.
- Yes, There's School on Veterans Day in Pinellas County The national holiday is Monday, Nov. 12, this year, but Pinellas County's public schools are in session.