This time, I will NOT be OBE (overcome by events), when the new year is rung in! I have my list of resolutions printed in large font and posted on my computer.
1) This is just a little unfortunate, as my first resolution is....not to spend so much time on it - the computer, that is. I am one of the millions who is able to find my way round most of the usual programs on a computer, but let there be a problem and my brain turns to mush and I panic. My one and only repair skill is to press the power button, sing Happy Birthday through twice and then turn the monster back on again.
2) So, next resolution is the war cry of women everywhere - I will NOT gorge myself on all the left over Christmas goodies just to make space in the pantry. Those extra ounces (who am I kidding...they're POUNDS) are on a 'need to go' list.
3) Moving on, albeit sluggishly. How about 'I will not answer the cell phone while driving!'. I know I'm not alone, but the sound of a phone ringing triggers the 'OMG I must answer it' response. Please tell me I am not alone! At least texting has never been an option for me. That would be a death wish. It takes me too long to get to the right screen when I'm sitting comfortably at home, let alone while in a moving vehicle.
4) Number four is not to comment unfavourably on the birth ancestry of those drivers who nip into the newly freed up parking space for which I have been patiently waiting with my turn signal flashing. How dare they! Same to you fella! Really, the language is quite colorful.
5) Number five is probably a comment on the times we live in as so many journeys are now taken by air. I hereby resolve not to take up two seats in the waiting area with my carry on luggage (usually my purse) while other passengers are standing. Mind you, this resolution will go straight out the window if those same passengers are the ones who charge up to the gate before their 'zone' is called, thereby blocking other passengers from getting on the plane in the first place.
So, my resolutions are made, now we have to wait and see if they have a snowball's chance in the hot place of not being broken. See, I've already spent too much time on this blog... so that's number one on the chopping board. Sigh! Why do I even bother.