Invite a friend
Enroll in Cancer Prevention Study-3 at Suncoast Hospice
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words “you have cancer”?
This year, you can fight back against cancer by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s research study called the Cancer Prevention Study-3 (CPS-3). By joining CPS-3, you can help researchers better understand the genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors that cause or prevent cancer, which will ultimately save lives.
Who can join the study?
The study is open to anyone who:
• Is willing to make a long-term commitment to the study, which involves completing periodic follow-up surveys at home
• Is between 30 and 65 years old
• Has never been diagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer)
How can you participate?
Enrollment will take 30-60 minutes. As part of enrollment, you will be asked to:
• Read and sign an informed consent form
• Complete a comprehensive survey packet that asks for information on lifestyle, behavioral and other factors
related to your health.
• Have your waist circumference measured
• Give a small blood sample (similar to a doctor’s visit – 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be drawn by a trained, certified phlebotomist.
Upon completion of these two steps, we will send periodic follow-up surveys to update your information and annual newsletters with study updates and results.
Where can I enroll? Local Enrollments will be held at multiple locations accross Pinellas County between Feb 12th and Feb 23rd, 2013. The next enrollment location is:
Suncoast Hospice – The Gathering Place
5771 Roosevelt Boulevard, Clearwater, FL 33760
Click here for driving directions.
Enrollment Date: February 23, 2013
Enrollment Hours: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Schedule Your Appointment Online - Click Here