Storms and rainy evenings caused Santa to cancel his neighborhood visits on the Palm Harbor Fire Rescue truck Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings this week.
But, Santa's gonna give it another try. Our pals at Palm Harbor Fire Rescue say Santa's visits have been rescheduled for next week. Santa is also going to visit the areas that were missed during his rides Dec. 3 and 5.
Here's a look at the updated schedule-
- Thursday, Dec. 13: Santa will visit the areas that were missed on Dec. 3 and 5 (neighborhoods south of Tampa Rd. to Curlew Rd., between U.S 19. and Alt. 19 and neighborhoods east of U.S. 19, north of Tampa Rd. to Lake Tarpon Dr.)
- Monday, Dec. 17: Santa Ride originally scheduled for Monday, Dec. 10 (Neighborhoods north of Alderman Rd., west of U.S. 19, except Crystal Beach, Baywood Village, Indian Bluff Island, Enniswood, Autumn Woods, Beacon Villas, Dove Hollow E., Glen Eagles, Dove Hollow W. and Fox Hunt Drive)
- Tuesday, Dec. 18: Santa Ride originally scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 11 (Old Palm Harbor, north of Nebraska Ave. between Alt. 19 and U.S. 19 from Tampa Rd. to Nebraska Ave.)
- Thursday, Dec. 20: Santa Ride originally scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 12 (Crystal Beach and Ozona)
Tips for from Palm Harbor Fire Rescue for when Santa visits your neighborhood-
- Please keep in mind that Santa's truck attempts to stay on main streets where turning around is not an issue.
- Santa's truck does not drive on dead-end streets, or cul-de-sacs. This is for safety reasons.
- The Santa Ride will begin at 6 p.m. each night and generally finishes between 8 to 8:30 p.m. with cookies and hot chocolate at Station 66 - 1123 Illinois Ave. in Palm Harbor.
- The times listed are approximate and depend on several variables.
Thanks to Palm Harbor Fire Rescue for providing this information.