As Tropical Storm Isaac moves closer to Florida, many parents are probably wondering, "Will my child have school Monday?"
Officials at Pinellas County Schools are keeping a close watch on Tropical Storm Isaac. The school district has posted the following on its website:
"Emergency managers are closely monitoring Tropical Storm Isaac. Please consider any preparations you need to make at this time to keep you and your family safe if our area is affected by severe weather."
The school district says it will announce the status of school for Monday, August 27 by 2:30 p.m. Sunday, August 26. The announcement will be made on its website.
The school district communicates weather-related school closures in several ways-
- Emergency Information Phone Line: (727) 588-6424. Recorded information will be available on this phone line.
- Phone message sent out via School Messenger
- E-mail message to all employees
- Information posted on www.PCSB.org
- Information will be aired on WPDS-Ch. 14 (located on Bright House Networks Ch. 614, Knology Ch. 14 and Verizon Ch. 46)
- Information will be shared with local TV, radio, print and online news outlets
Of course, Patch will also be passing along the latest information about school closures, including private schools which will also be posted in this article.