Palm Harbor University High School
Palm Harbor University High was recognized by Newsweek as being one of the top 150 highest performing high schools in America in 2007-2008. PHUHS has 21 National Board-certified teachers. The school has won many awards in fine and performing arts competitions. PHUHS athletic teams have won numerous state championships over the years; these titles came in softball, soccer, swimming and track.
- Fax: 727-725-7936
- Hours: Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri, 7:05am - 1:50pm; Wed, 7:05am - 12:35pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1996
- Number of students: 2,396
- Public/Private: Public
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Business partners that support the school include Morton Plant Meese Health Care Systems. Palm Harbor University High also receives materials and monetary support from other business sponsors.
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: English, history, science, mathematics, art, music
- Student clubs: Academic Team, Chess, Fellowship of Christian Students, Future Business Leaders of America, Gay and Straight Alliance, Hospice Teen Volunteers, National Honor Society, Teen Angels, Broadcast Team, Forensics Team, many more clubs.
- Sports teams: Baseball (boys), basketball, cheerleading, cross country, flag football (girls) football, golf, soccer, softball (girls), spring football, swimming, tennis, track, volleyball (girls) and wrestling.